San Antonio RV Towing
Are you looking to buy an RV? Before you can plan your epic road trips, there are some things you need to look out for. Did you know that not all RVs are compatible with all vehicles? Some RVs, no matter how amazing, are simply too heavy to tow.
How do I know what RV models my vehicle can tow?
Find out your current vehicle’s Gross Vehicle Weight Rating. This rating corresponds to the maximum amount of weight that your vehicle can safely tow. Most vehicles note the Gross Vehicle Weight Rating on the driver-side door sill or in your owner manual.
There’s nothing we here at Mission Wrecker love more than an adventurous road trip with the family. We’ve created a special tool that will allow you to not only calculate your vehicle’s Gross Vehicle Weight Rating (saving you the walk to the car!) but it will also show you what RV’s are suitable for that particular rating.
Buying an RV? Here Are Some Terms You Need to Know
Cargo Carrying Capacity (CCC)
CCC is the absolute maximum limit of weight for additional items on an RV.
This is the weight of your RV as it is right off the assembly line. This weight does not include any liquids, any passengers, nor any cargo whatsoever.
Gross Axle Weight Rating (GAWR)
As the name implies, the GAWR is a weight rating pertaining to the total weight allowed on each individual axle.
Gross Combination Weight Rating (GCWR)
This is a very important number to know. The GCRW is the total combined weight allowed for the tow vehicle, cargo (in tow vehicle and trailer), trailer, fluids, passengers, and hitching.
Gross Vehicle Weight (GVW)
This is the dry weight of your RV, the weight of the cargo, and the weight of the passengers.
This corresponds to the weight placed on the hitch ball when you couple the RV to your tow vehicle. The tongue weight should remain between 10-15% of the GVW (see above)
You can calculate the wheel base of your RV by measuring the distance between the primary axles center lines.
RV Parks Near Me
- Kirby RV Park (102 Kirby Heights St, San Antonio, TX 78219, United States)
- Fort Sam Houston RV Park (4028 Petroleum Dr, San Antonio, TX 78234, United States)
- Oak Hills RV Park (9519 Fredericksburg Rd, San Antonio, TX 78240, United States)
- Mission City RV Park (1011 Gembler Rd, San Antonio, TX 78219, United States)
- Greentree Village North (12015 O’Connor Rd, San Antonio, TX 78233, United States)
- ABC RV Park (271 Kitty Hawk Rd, Universal City, TX 78148, United States)
- Salado Creek Estates (842 Corinne Dr, San Antonio, TX 78218, United States)
- Admiralty RV Resort (1485 N Ellison Dr, San Antonio, TX 78251, United States)
- Yanawana Camp RV Park (2322 E Chavaneaux, San Antonio, TX 78214, United States)
- Easy Acres RV Park (10625 La Vernia Rd, Adkins, TX 78101, United States)
- Fam Camp (2800 Foster Ave, Lackland AFB, TX 78236, United States)
- San Antonio / Alamo KOA Holiday (602 Gembler Rd, San Antonio, TX 78219, United States)
- Traveler’s World RV Resort (2617 Roosevelt Ave, San Antonio, TX 78214, United States)